Just bought protection plan but it's not storing the recordings

Hi everybody. How long does it take between initially buying your protection plan and then the ring app storing the recordings? Because I bought the protection plan 20 minutes ago and it’s still not letting me access any recordings. Does it take 24 hours, does it take more time or is it just broken? in my settings it says that it’s active but on my friend’s phone it says that The plan is inactive. I’m confused, what do I do?

Hey @arieltheginger. You will need to ensure that the account owner is buying the protect plan for a location. A shared user cannot purchase a plan, so if your friend is the shared user and logged into their account, it may say they don’t have an active plan. Please note that once you purchase a protect plan for a device, the recordings for all events after should be stored and recorded, but previously accessed and recorded videos will be inaccessible, as they have already been removed from the lapse of coverage that your device had.

In the event that you have already purchased the plan and all videos after you purchased are not being stored, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes and what they did to help clear this up for you, as your answer may help others. :slight_smile: