Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
Just bought a house and previous owner was impossible to contact
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
Hello, I have just got the keys to my new house last monday, the seller was a right pain to ever get in contact with and it went quite sour with them, now they wont answer any calls or emails. i have requested transfer of ownership but they have not responded, are there any next steps i can go down so i can use the camera and stop them viewing when we come and go from the property? Thank you

03-10-2023 02:32:24

Responses (3)

T
Hi @Joey87. The owner of the device cannot view anything if the device is not connected to WiFi. As for transferring ownership, you can visit this Help Center article [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038010351-How-to-Take-Over-or-Change-Ownership-of-a-Ring-Device).

04-10-2023 02:57:50

D
I bought a refurbished ring doorbell from ring, and when I went to use it, it had the old user still attached to it. You would think ring would be smart enough to reprogram refurbished products before the sale to the public. Hope this reaches the right ears but it’s been over 10 days and I still cannot use my ring doorbell. I feel your pain.

04-10-2023 07:46:04

J
Hello, I have read this and sadly doesn’t really help as mentioned previously the old owner of the house was very uncooperative towards the end of the house sale and now we are finally in they still have WiFi here so it’s still connected and they can view it! I’ve had to stick cardboard over the camera in the meantime so we can still use the bell

05-10-2023 05:40:35

C
Hi @Joey87. This sounds like a matter that needs to be handled with the previous owners, considering they still have their own wifi set up at the home. I'd suggest sorting the wifi matter out first, and then following the process to request ownership via the Ring app. If you have any other questions about this process, please contact our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus).

05-10-2023 09:50:17

J
I have requested change of ownership but as mentioned previous owner of the property has been the least helpful throughout this whole experience! At the end of the 14 days what happens when they don’t respond? Thanks

05-10-2023 10:22:32

L
device will automatically be deleted on previous owners account and youll be notified about the device is ready for setup

06-10-2023 10:21:23

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

05-11-2023 10:21:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User