Jumpy recording and motion sensor

I have only had my Stick up Elite one week and have had several issues. There seems to be only 3 options for motion sensing. Right now I have set to the second one. I get alerts constantly and there is nothing there but shadows. So I set to the lower one and then it doesn’t even record me coming or going! So I set it back to the second one and Amazon came and it never showed them. Also it has started recording in a jumpy manner the first few seconds. It was fluid and now does this. It has also gone offline once and I had to unplug it to reset it. So many problems for a $200 item! Just looking for advice

Hey @rsd75. Can you share a screenshot of the Motion Zones you have set within the Ring App, as well as let me know what the RSSI is from your Device Health screen? Also, please share an example of the jumpy recording that you’re experiencing. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. Once I have a better idea of what’s going on, I’d be happy to offer some suggestions! :slight_smile: