Jumper cable old Chime

Hi

Just bought ring video doorbell wired. And I’m confused how to connect the jumper cable.

Original electromagnetic mechanical chime from 1970. Input 220 vac and output is 24 vac.
No labels on the chime.

Do I really need the jc?
Any suggestions?

Unable to upload pics

Cheers

N

Hi @Nixta. The Doorbell Wired must be hardwired to an existing doorbell system or transformer with 10-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz for continuous charging, so you’ll want to make sure your doorbell system meets these requirements. As for the jumper cable itself, you can find a wiring diagram for the Doorbell Wired in our Help Center Article here as well. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

Thx.
Bought a new doorbell with transformer. Everything works. Sometimes it takes some time to connect to camera and picture freezes. Got 100/100 Mbit/s connection.

1 Like

Glad to hear its working, @Nixta! For video connection or quality, check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device. I recommend trying out the Rapid Ring app as well, as it is designed for the quickest access to live view. :slight_smile: