Jagged/blurry image

I’ve noticed lately that my ring doorbell pro just isn’t as sharp as it used to be. I was concerned my router was a bit older and maybe it was time to purchase a new one. That didn’t seem to make a difference. My RSSI is -35, my download speed is 32.78 mbps and my upload speed is 4.01. I’ve tried switching between 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz and it doesn’t make any difference. My wifi router is about 8 feet from the doorbell and the only obstruction is the outside wall. I called into ring support and spoke to someone over the phone. He had me shut off the power at the breaker. Once the camera was up and running again, I did notice a slight improvement. I still felt it could be better, but I allowed the call to be concluded. I looked back to a video from a little over a year ago and noticed that lines just seemed a lot more crisp. I’m not sure what else I can do to improve the quality of the video. I’ll try to attach some images. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

I am having the same issue and my wifi router is about 8-10ft from ring doorbell and my RSSi is 48. This just recently became an issue. I would say within the past 6-8 weeks. I’m interested if anyone else has the same issues and/or solutions.

Cold weather could be affecting the performance of your camera. Looks like about 3 inches of snow on the fence.

1 Like

This image is from early November, no snow. Still have jagged lines. This was prior to the new router, but it’s the same router I had for a while. It seems the issues started within the past 6+ months. I didn’t really notice it was that bad until I compared it to an old video I had saved. I honestly don’t think it’s my internet. I think it’s the camera itself. Temperature range of the camera should be able to go down to -5 F. It hasn’t been that cold.