I currently own 3 Ring security cameras. I purchased the Solar cameras because they are away from the house with no power connectivity nearby. Had I’d known the cameras would be severely limited because they ran on battery I would have not bought Ring cameras. I also own two pathway cameras that seem to detect motion every 5 seconds while also killing the battery - they are down to about 50%. I installed them in June.
I honestly wish I could return all 5 of the products and get a real security camera system. I’m going to list all of the issues I’ve had so far.
- Today, I had two guys walk down my driveway. None of my cameras detected them walking down the driveway. They were only detected at the end of my driveway.
As you can see, all three cameras caught the same thing. I guess the pathway light was the only thing to trigger it
- Everyday the mail man walks in front of the cameras and it does not get triggered. Ever.
- The sensitivity settings are a joke. No matter the sensitivity I get blown up with false-positive alerts all day. It’s killing my phone battery.
- The motion zone menu is the worst thing I’ve ever seen, I can’t realistically be expected to setup the motion zones like that.
- Loud buzzing on all 3 of my cameras:
- Two way talk has never worked: complete static if you do hear it, most of the time you can’t hear it.
- Thirty second recording. Apparently any longer kills the battery, even though my battery has never dropped below 90% and there’s an option for two. This is industry standard. Wouldn’t want to chance being **better ** than industry standard.
- Support chat is broken but hey doesn’t matter since it’s a 20 minute wait. I don’t have the time to call in and there is no email support apparently?
- I have spent $1400 on devices not including the yearly fee with Ring and it doesn’t work. My dogs scared the people away today.
- Attached are several screenshots of the motion alerts. In one screenshot notice the yellow star (this is the guys in my driveway)… notice the sudden gap when motion should’ve been detected.
I really wish I could return cameras. I absolutely hate every second of trying to configure, reconfigure. I spent the entire summer (Installed in June) trying to configure these things. They simply do NOT work.
Does anyone else have a similiar negative experience?