Issues with Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen

I also have the same happening with a Ring Doorbell 2nd gen. The app doesn’t record a ring event on any of our phones, an iPhone and a Pixel 6a.
We have HomeAssistant set up and it it also doesn’t log the doorbell being pressed.
It’s not an issue with either of our phones notifications

Hi @jaydawk. Just to make sure I understand your concern correctly, when someone rings your Doorbell your Ring app does not have a recording of the event? Do you not get notifications for motions and rings? Are you still able to use Live View?

Hey Justin!
That is correct. Live view still works fine and the doorbell still records motion events but if someone presses the bell there’s no recording and there’s no notification.
About 5 days ago I rebooted my doorbell using the app and that seemed to fix it for a day but it’s back to broken.

Oddly enough, I’d tried rebooting the doorbell previously using the app but it threw an error (I can’t recall exactly what it said, but it was along the lines of something went wrong), but eventually it let me reboot.

Hi @jaydawk. Since this appears to be inconsistent, I would suggest reaching out to our support team to investigate this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.