Issues with ring doorbell 3

Hi, I have had complications with the ring doorbell since i got it 17/12-20. It goes offline. But I have contacted my internet provider. And they have not experienced any issues. And I havent’ had any issues with the internet lately. The WiFi box is approx 3 meters away from the front door. The Ring Doorbell is wired. It’s up to date and everything. This has happend around 15 times since I got it. Is there something wrong with the device? Or what can it be?

Hi @Resk. Are you using a wifi network that is 2.4GHz or 5.0Ghz for the Doorbell? If it’s a 5Ghz network, I would suggest swapping the Doorbell over to the 2.4Ghz network, as this will provide a more reliable connection while still providing sufficient speeds. If you’re still experiencing disconnects after, I’d suggest checking what the RSSI is on the Device Health screen. If the Doorbell has a higher RSSI, you can read more in our Help Center article here, which will also have some troubleshooting steps. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My Ring had low signal so I bought a Chime Pro and used it to extend the signal.
Worked very well for 1 month and then suddenly on 29 January both Ring and Chime Pro lost wifi and have not reconnected since then.

Since I am away from my house, what solutions do I have to force it to reconnect?
I have it setup to use both 2.4 and/or 5Ghz in my router.

Hi @slowaf. If you’re away from home, you won’t be able to manually reconnect your Ring devices to your wifi as you’ll need to be close to the device in order to connect it to wifi. Once you’re back home, you can walk through the steps to reconnect your devices to wifi. I would also recommend having them connected to the 2.4Ghz connection if you’re experiencing any wifi connectivity concerns, as a 2.4Ghz signal will have a farther and more reliable reach while still providing sufficient speeds.