Issues after adding stickup camera

We recently purchased a Stick-Up Cam and set it up, but cannot get live view to work. Also, since doing so, it has been much more difficult to connect to live view on our Doorbell Cam - perhaps 1 in 10 attempts will be successful, otherwise it will time out. I’ve followed the advice in the article: there are no issues with firewalls, other apps, too many devices; the health check, strength (RSSI -53.0) and settings for the cam all indicate it’s working. We were automatically enrolled in a trial of Ring Protect Plan - which we absolutely do not want and never agreed to - and that automatically recorded motion the Stick up cam detected right after we set it up that we could view - but we turned off Record Motion and Motion Alerts.

If I attempt to view via the Ring app on my phone, it tries for a while then says “Live View ended” and gives me the option to reconnect. If I attempt to connect in the Ring app for Windows 10, it goes to what it says is a live view, but it’s a black screen (and there’s nothing covering/blocking the camera). Any help as to how to fix would be appreciated, otherwise I’ll have to return this. I also would love to know how to end the trial, I don’t want motion recorded - I never did.

Hi @gembob. Thanks for sharing details on what you’ve looked into and what steps you’ve tried so far. First, the Ring Protect Plus trial is automatically given when a new device is added and will expire after 30 days. There’s nothing you need to do on your end to cancel it, as it’s just a free trial that will end on its own.

As for the Live View concerns you’re having, you’ve run through most of the basic troubleshooting steps so far. I’d recommend following up with our support team directly on this matter so they can take a look at your device more closely. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Video Doorbell offline