Issues activating live feed after motion notification

Since I let my 30 day trial run out every time I get a notification to say there is motion detected by my camera I cannot access my live feed. If I want to access the live feed at any time when no motion is detected there is no issue but as soon as I get a notification it won’t connect. There are no WiFi issues so to me this is a ploy by ring to force your hand up take out a subscription. As a result I am no longer happy with this product.

Hi @NoelT! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. If possible, trying another mobile device entirely is a great test. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply.
As mentioned in my original mail there are absolutely no issues with connection day to day but as soon as I get a notification it will not let me connect. Its clear to me the live feed is being blocked as I have not paid the subscription.

Hi @NoelT. Our Protect Plan subscriptions are required to save recordings, but not for live streaming of an event. Without a subscription your live view and live events should work as intended, as long as they are answered in time.

Next time a notification does not allow answering live, try triggering a live view from the Ring app to see if that video connects. Checking for an app update or even trying our Rapid Ring app, might yield better results.

If this concern persists despite trying the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

So your fix is…

The Ring app goes off, hurry and disable your Bluetooth etc and then try the live feed again?! Ridiculous. You guys always say it’s WiFi or whatever but yet everything else in my house works perfectly except for this low tech Ring garbage.