Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Issue with Other Lights on Same Circuit After Installing Ring Floodlight Camera
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting

Hello Ring Community,

I’m reaching out for some insights or advice regarding an issue I’ve encountered after installing a Ring Floodlight Camera. My situation is as follows:

I recently installed a Ring Floodlight Camera outside my house. It’s connected to a circuit breaker along with two other lights. After the installation and turning on the switch for the floodlight camera, I’ve noticed that the other two lights on the same circuit no longer turn on. Interestingly, the circuit breaker does not trip; it’s just that these lights refuse to operate.

Here are the specifics:

• The Ring Floodlight Camera and the two other lights are the only devices connected to this circuit.
  • The other lights were functioning normally before the installation of the floodlight camera.
  • The floodlight camera itself seems to be working fine.
  • The breaker isn’t tripping, and there’s no apparent overload, as the total load seems quite low for a typical residential circuit.

I’m puzzled as to why the other lights are not working while the floodlight camera does. Could this be an issue with how the devices are wired together? Or is there something specific about the Ring Floodlight Camera that could be influencing the circuit behavior?

Has anyone here experienced something similar or might have some insights into what could be causing this? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

13-12-2023 03:01:52

Responses (1)

N

Same issue here… Haven’t been able to diagnose and solve yet, but I will follow up if I do.

I have a group of floodlights and a group of sconce lights on one circuit but each group is controlled by a separate switch. After installing one Ring floodlight in place of an older floodlight, the floodlight group functions normally, but the sconce light group does not turn on. The only thing I can think of is that my ground wire wasn’t as secure as it could have been. I’ll likely take it all apart and put it back together again unless I find an easier answer.

@MrRingRing did you ever figure out your issue?

02-06-2024 07:40:37

C

Hi @Noobzy. To confirm, are these other lights Ring Smart Lights, or are they separate from your Ring system? Is the Floodlight you installed a Floodlight Cam, or a Ring Smart Lighting Floodlight? 

11-06-2024 05:24:08

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User