Issue with lock notifications

With my Schlage connected lock I get a notification that the lock is ‘jammed’ every time it locks. If you know the Schlage you know there are two levels of power. Often if there is resistance it will go to next level. Ring reports as jammed even if the door successfully locks. What setting can I change to turn off this specific notification?

2 Likes

My Kwikset does the same. Notification lock is jammed, though everything moves freely. Annoying. If it ever does jam, i will never know and my home could be left open.

1 Like

Same here. The problem is w kwikset

Hey neighbors! Would you mind reaching out to our support team regarding the jammed notifications that you’re receiving? They can take a closer look and see what might be causing this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wondering if there was any resolution found with the locks reporting as jammed to Ring. I have two Schlage z wave deadbolts and they both do exactly what others are describing. Both lock cleanly and smoothly without any resistance or hinderance, yet Ring pushes out notifications that the lock(s) are reporting being jammed. I’ve contacted Ring support and spoken with a couple different people who have been unable to offer up any solutions. The last person told me to contact Schlage.

I just bought and installed two Schlage locks and immediately started getting the Lock Jammed notifications. Is there any updates / resolution for this?

Hi @SherrodsofBoston. From reading this thread, it looks like it was suggested to reach out to our Ring Alarm Support Team.

Once you give them a call, feel free to update us with any information you receive.

Please do update this thread with the results, one way or another. I am having the same issue and have had no luck with either Ring or Schlage support.

I am having the same issue. I tried completely removing it from ring, but same issue. It reports “jammed” even if the door is open and I ask it to unlock. Is there some way to calibrate it once connected to ring?

Hi @lesshort. No, you can not calibrate the smart lock within the Ring app. For assistance on your concern, it would be best to contact the manufacturers’ support team for your smart lock.

I’m having the same issue, too. The Schlage lock works okay but the ring alarm kept reporting jammed.