Is there a SIM card provided? is it tied to the country you buy the Ring alarm from?

Hi,

I want to buy the Ring Alarm but it is out of stock in the Europe website. I live in Ireland and I am thinking to get it in Amazon Spain. There is a SIM card provided, isn’t it? If so, will it be from a Spanish provider? I am a bit confused and not sure what to do.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.
Marcos

You should be good - in the UK it comes in a box with lots of languages on it, including spanish and says european version on it. It sounds like the sim just connects to a local provider, and is managed by ring.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @groundhogday
That makes sense.

2 Likes

hi, is it possible to use your own sim card?

Hi @astras. No you cannot use your own SIM card in the Ring Base Station. If you experience any concerns with the Cellular Backup, you’ll want to reach out to our support team so they can further assist. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Just came here to say I found out that you can’t use your own sim. What a piece of garbage company to impose artificial restrictions to make money.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.