Is It Possible to Re-IP a Ring Camera for a Non-Ring Network?

I believe this is a stretch, but I’m hoping I can access the Ring Stick Up Cam Elite via a browser so that I can (hopefully) re-IP it. Long story short, we have a need to have a mobile camera to test our camera system when troubleshooting and trying to rule out the network, switch, fiber and/or camera. I thought it would be perfect to get a Ring cam to haul around with me to do this, but I’m guessing it only works in a Ring environment (like at home).

Surely there’s a way to bypass this and only use the cam for what I’m trying to do. Please help!

Hi @Ayemac. For this concern, it may be best to contact our support team. This way, they can work with you directly and see if what you are trying to accomplish is possible. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I contacted support and got a hold of someone who didn’t really have an answer. They kept putting me on hold and checking with someone before I just gave up. I’ll just return the camera. Too bad - this would’ve been perfect for what I’m trying to do. Appreciate the response!

1 Like