Is in-app feature not available for existing customers?

I’ve been using Ring Alarm since 2019. Recently seeing the notification that i’ll need Protect Plan subscription to arm/disarm from Ring App.
However, Ring article clearly says that the feature will continue to work for any customer who bought before March-29.
What exactly is the problem? Does anyone see the same problem?
I called Ring customer service, i got the same suggestion to get Protect Plan.

App Screenshot:

Article:

Frequently Asked Questions

I bought a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023. Do I lose access to in-app features if I activate it after March 29, 2023?
If you owned a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023 but don’t activate it until after that date, you will still have access to in-app features (with or without a subscription) for the expected life of the device.

What if I buy an Alarm after March 29, 2023?
You will need to subscribe to Ring Protect to get access to Ring Alarm in-app features, but you may also Arm and Disarm your Alarm directly from the Ring Keypad without a subscription. Alarm alerts will sound locally from the physical Ring Alarm Base Station. Currently, any Ring Protect plan will activate in-app features for your Alarm.

What if I’m on a Ring Protect trial on March 29, 2023?
You’ll have the opportunity to test out Ring Protect features for the full duration of your trial. If you owned a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023, you will continue to have the same in-app features (with or without a subscription) for the expected life of the device.

Hi @Npmp. For this concern, you would need to follow up with our support team. The Ring Community is a public forum, so we can’t review device details in order to determine what features should be available based on when your Ring Alarm was set up. You can follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here, or by sending a private message @Ring on Facebook or Twitter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.