Is anyone using Ring doorbell on a noisy main road?

We live on a busy main road with lots of traffic noise. We installed a Ring doorbell 2 years ago and had to return it because it was so quiet nobody could hear us speaking through the microphone when they approached the door. It was like the sound was ducking out because it thought the visitor was trying to speak. It was a massive disappointment! I’m still on the hunt for a video doorbell or security system and I’m wondering if things with ring have improved in the last 2 years? Can anyone tell me what their experience is using the doorbell near a main road? We have a driveway which is about 6.5 meters long so our front door is about 8 or 9 meters from the road itself.

Thanks!

Glad you asked, @Kat6! Our Video Doorbell 3 and 3 plus both feature an enhanced two way talk with noise cancellation. These are the latest Video Doorbell models and come with some other great features as well. Check our the Video Doorbell 3 and 3 plus at Ring.com for more information. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My GF has the same issue. Makes the doorbell pretty useless. I didn’t notice a warning on the packaging that it wasn’t suitable for use in noisy environments.