iPhone RING Notification sounds stuck on Windchimes

My iPhone RING notification sounds stuck on Windchimes even though I have changed setting to Sonar. I have reset iPhone and Ring app and checked they are all the latest version. My iPhone iOS app is 17.4.1 and Ring app is 5.71.1. Please help this is very annoying. Thank you

Hi @user80804. Your concern seems to be related to what other neighbors are experiencing in this post. There are some troubleshooting steps mentioned to try. If the steps do not work, rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You can give our support team a call to add you to the group of neighbors that are experiencing this. That way, when it is resolved, you will receive an email letting you know that it has been fixed.

Hello.
I’ve the same problem with my iOS Ring App using an Indoor Cam and two Stick Up Cams.
But after getting mad trying options and configurations, I’ve noticed that it only happens if Priority Alerts is enabled.

If you turn off the Priority Alerts in the configuration of your Ring Cam Device, it’ll use the sound you have chosen in the notifications sound configuration.

Do you have the same behaviour?

I’m having exactly the same problem. We have a doorbell one Stick up Cam and an Indoor Cam and as soon as you turn Priority Alerts on the tone defaults back to Windchimes.
Have tried everything I can think of including updating apps, rebooting phone etc. and nothing will change it, there doesn’t appear to be a way of changing the priority alert tone from Windchimes. It’s unbelievably annoying.

Hopefully I’m not alone…… :sweat_smile:

In another post I’ve received a response that it will be an update to fix the problem.
This is the post: Alerts are stuck on wind chime after update

1 Like