Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
U
iPhone app hijacks incoming call, no ringer
trending
ios
If the Ring app on the iPhone is open (i.e. foreground) and a phone call comes in, the ringer is suppressed. Unless you are actively looking at the phone and see the banner notification, you will miss the incoming call. Maybe this is so common with IOS that it doesn't surprise other people, but it's been a nuisance for me and took a while to figure out. I would be in Ring, then put the phone down, and wonder why I had voicemail when I was sitting right there when the call came in. (I verified that incoming calls rang audibly as expected if I did not have the Ring app in the foreground.) Just posting this here in case anyone is experiencing the same thing and searching whether it is a known problem.

18-11-2023 04:23:45

Responses (4)

J
Hi @user67020. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured, our team is looking into this concern and working to resolve it as soon as possible. Once I have an update, I will make sure to post it here. Thank you for your time and patience.

21-11-2023 05:53:49

D

Took me a while to narrow down my iPhone ringer problem to this same issue (after a few angry voicemails from my wife). The display will show an incoming call, but the ringer and the haptic vibration are disabled.

iPhone XS
iOS 17.4.1
Ring app version: 5.72.0

01-05-2024 12:56:43

U

Hi, yes I have exactly the same problem. I have missed important calls as a result. I haven’t contacted Apple or Amazon yet. I suspect each will say it’s the others problem.

13-06-2024 10:52:24

U

Good afternoon,

Has there been any update to this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app, and it did not resolve the issue.

09-07-2024 05:07:06

C

Hi, we do not have an update at this time. Our team is still looking into this behavior on the back end, and we will reply in this thread when we have more information to share. 

12-07-2024 06:04:07

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User