IOS 13 update

Since updating to IOS 13 two days ago, Ri g doorbell is not functioning correctly. There is no live view and door rings are not being captured reliably. Anyo e having this problem or know how to correct it?

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this concern @LC1! I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app as the best first step. If this persists, please double check your Doorbell settings in the app to ensure motion/ ring alerts are toggled on and live view is enabled. Let me know how this goes.

Same here. I updated ios this morning, and now ring’s live view is not working.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app brought live view back.

Uninstall/reinstall is a FREQUENT request from Ring tech support. Seems like somebody should notice this and fix whatever causes the app to get messed up and need a reset.

I’m not sure if it’s because I just upgraded to iOS 13.1.3 because I was also replacing a defective Ring 2 at the same time, but while my new doorbell is working flawlessly (along with a chime pro), I’m only getting notifications on my phone if the app is OPEN. All of my notification settings are correct as far as I can tell.

Has anyone had any luck uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Rob B.

Hi @BurtonRW & @fantonio ! Looks like we had a little down time on October 18 and 20. Stay updated and learn more by visiting status.ring.com.

How are your devices doing now? If they are not up and running, please let me know so we can provide best steps. Thank you!

Exact same problem with iPhone X and iOS 13.2

My iPhone had the same issue with the 13.2 update but all I had to do was (A) notice that I was no longer getting alerts (!) and (B) log back in to the app.
What I REALLY need is a way to use Ring with “Silence Unknown Callers” or DND turned on. Is there a way to do that?