I get very intermittent notifications on my phone when there is motion on either my
- Ring Doorbell
- Ring Security cams
My adult children have Samsung Galaxy Note 10’s and their phones go off every single time. Mine, it depends. It seems to resolve itself if I open the app, but it’s a temporary fix.
What I have tried:
- Verifying alerts are toggled ON in my app
- Clearing the data for the app
- Verified I was on the latest version of the Ring app, Android, etc.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Resetting my phone back to factory defaults (no settings carried over from old backups)
- Verifying I didn’t have any of the apps Ring says conflict on my phone
I have an active security risk, which is why I bought Ring doorbells/cameras to cover 360 degrees around my house. Not getting notified of motion is a significant problem.
It seemed to work fine until the past few months. An app change perhaps?