Interference between z-wave and wifi devices

I just installed a Ring alarm system and immediately noticed that my wifi is much slower than before. The wifi router is a Netgear Nighthawk model, and I already had a netgear wifi extender set up in the network. After trying a bunch of different stuff to improve the wifi speed, I unplugged the Ring alarm range extender and my wifi took off (ie its fast again). Are there known issues between the alarm/zwave/extender and wifi (especially netgear routers) ? Any settings I can change in either system to make sure that there is little to no interference? Thx

From a technical persepctive, Ring alarm uses Z-Wave which operates on the 800-900MHz radio frequency range . . . no where near wifi. I hear what you are saying, but in theory there should be no interference. Gotta be something else going on.

Hi I have exactly the same issue. My router is on the ground floor and I have a 2ghz wifi extender on the first floor for work. This has worked fine with my Ring alarm system until this week I added a ring siren outside - suddenly my 1st floor wifi extender speed is fluctuating between 4 mbps to 19mbps - more often at the lower end - was previously 25 - 35 mbps - has anything else been found out about this issue?

Hi neighbors! Learn more about how zwave works from our Help Center article.

For network interference concerns, checking for any interfering objects and ensuring these devices are not too close together is a great way to improve signal. The best next step will be to find the optimal mounting place is, by moving the devices around to see if signal improves for either.

If further assistance is needed with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.