Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
Installing Doorbell Wired and Doorbell 4 together
hardwired-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
I have 2 doorbells. Front and back. I have a Ring 4 and a Ring wired video doorbell 4 Model #B08JNR77QY Video doorbell wired #B08CKHPP52 Ring Chime Model #B09L45VFCN Quantity 2 I have an existing mechanical door chime Question 1. Do I have to install 2 jumpers on my existing mechanical chime. 1 from front > trans and 1 from rear to trans? Question 2. I want to bypass my existing chime and user the 2 Ring Chimes I've purchased. Does that mean I do not use the jumpers? Three calls to support. Nobody can answer this question.

12-09-2023 07:06:27

Responses (2)

C
Hi @Sabina96. Each Ring Doorbell model has differing installation instructions and requirements. Only the Video Doorbell Wired utilizes a jumper cable in the installation. The installation instructions can be located [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054984332-Installing-your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Wired). The Video Doorbell Wired won't ring your internal chime kit, so there is no additional step needed to bypass the chime. The jumper cable still needs to be installed. For the Video Doorbell 4, you would disconnect the doorbell wires from the chime kit and twist them together to close the circuit and bypass the chime kit. Make sure you only disconnect the wires that lead to the Doorbell 4, and leave the wires leading to the Video Doorbell Wired connected with the jumper cable. Then in the Ring app under the Doorbell 4 > Device Settings > In-Home Chime Settings > Advanced Settings > Chime Type, set this to "None". I hope this helps.

14-09-2023 06:07:13

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

14-10-2023 06:07:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User