Installing doorbell camera and keeping existing doorbell

I just bought a new doorbell wired and think its a version 2. I’d like to keep the existing doorbell and chime. Can I just splice into the existing wiring and mount the ring as a 2nd “doorbell”?

Hi @brooksr1. When you hardwire a Ring Video Doorbell to your existing doorbell circuit, it is meant to replace your existing doorbell in order to complete the circuit, not be installed alongside your existing doorbell. What model of Video Doorbell did you purchase? The model (Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell Pro, etc.) name will be on the original packaging as well as on the back of the Doorbell itself. Depending on which model of Video Doorbell you are installing, it can also ring the internal chime kit you have in your home if it’s compatible.

Hi Caitlyn. My model is “Doorbell Wired”. On the box bottom is: 23-009405-01 and UPC 8-40080-55702-1. I’d like a list of internal kits that are compatible. Thanks. (this Ring Doorbell replaced a CPI Security doorbell wired, wifi alerts and it rang the internal chime. I don’t really understand why the Ring won’t …)

Hi @brooksr1. I am happy to chime in. The Doorbell Wired will not work with any chimes; therefore, we have no list of chimes that are compatible with this model doorbell. To hear audio alerts in your home, pair it with a Ring Chime or compatible Alexa device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.