Installation of Floodlight Cam Wired Plus under overhang or eave

After looking online and seeing so much info on the Floodlight cams mounting horizontally I picked up one and attempted to mount it on my soffit. It can not be done in an effective way. All the videos on doing this show an older version of the mounting with a jam nut at the base of each light allowing you to rotate 360 degrees. The one I have, I assume the Amazon version, has no jam nut and has a limiting stop in the rotation.
I wish Ring would put a notice on the box stating explicitly that it can not be mounted horizontally. Better yet, make one that can be mounted horizontally like the majority of floodlights on homes.

1 Like

I had to open mine, release the screws holding the light stems, rotate them one turn and reattach. It worked but yeah, the current version can NOT be mounted horizontally as delivered. One wonders if they ever QC’d this update…

1 Like

Hi there, neighbors! Thank you for this feedback. Check out this Community post about the light shroud positioning. @MarkD1, thank you for sharing your solution for adjusting these to your liking. If you did not want to alter these, they would also be fine the way they are, with the light shroud underneath. This should not impact illumination of the area, as the arms can still be adjusted.

Not sure if @MarkD1 or anyone else will see this, but how can we disassemble the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus to allow the light shrouds to be on top when mounted on ceiling?
How to access these hidden screws that restrict the floodlight rotation?

We rec’d a new camera and floodlight I was told it is a new model , as it does not have the adjustment screws used to position the lights. When installed according to instructions and videos, the shield for the lights is actually at the bottom. The lights will not turn 360 so it is not possible to get the shield above the light as shown in instructions. Online support cannot seem to solve this. Has this been experienced by others?

1 Like

Hi @tjsmithone. Installation can be tricky! This Help Center article here is designed to help with installation. If this doesn’t help, try uploading a picture or video of the issue you are running into so the Community can better assist.

As always, if you want to speak to a support team member, you can reach them by phone. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Loosen the nuts that hold the lights, make sure that you unscrew them enough, gently push the lights inward and rotate.
This should allow you to position the shield above the light instead of below.

Hey neighbors. If you are planning to install your Floodlight Cam underneath an overhang or an eave, you will need to rotate the lights so that the Camera fits. You can find some installation diagrams here showing this. When doing this, you may notice the light shroud on the bottom rather than above the light.

Since the Floodlight Camera is being installed under an overhang or an eave, the lights should be protected from inclement weather given the coverage above the Camera. Additionally, the Floodlight Cam is weather-resistant as it is designed to be installed outdoors. If you do notice water having gotten inside of your Floodlight Cam, or there is any physical damage due to extreme weather conditions, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.