Inside mechanical doorbell no longer working with Gen 1 Ring Doorbell

My gen 1 Ring doorbell used to ring our indoor chime. At some point it stopped working and I believe it was after an update. The indoor chime is on the list of compatible chimes, is hardwired, works when shorting the wires or using a regular doorbell, but will not ring when the Ring doorbell button is pressed. There is no option in the app to turn it on like later models and I have already tried a hard reset of the Ring doorbell. The reset fixed an issue with notifications that had also stopped working, (notifications for doorbell pushes weren’t being sent to our phones), but did not fix the indoor chime issue. How can I fix this issue?

Hi @gmoss1515. Looks like you’ve walked through most of the basic troubleshooting steps I would have suggested trying. Since you have reset the Doorbell, ensured the chime kit is compatible, and checked the wires on the back, it could be the Doorbell itself that is causing the problem. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look into this concern with you and find a resolution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: