Indoor chime delay

Hello, have had this issue since I installed our doorbell. What happens is that when someone outside presses the button, our indoor chime initializes, the “ding” if you will, then about 2-3 seconds later the “dong” happens, if that makes sense. Instead of a fast “ding-dong” it’s a “ding”…….2 seconds later………”dong”.

Looked on YouTube, with no success on how to fix. Can anyone help, suggest what the issue may be with a fix, or has anyone also experienced this, and if so, how did you fix?

Thanks!

This could be due to a few things. An incompatible chime kit, too thin of wiring, or even an old chime kit/ transformer could cause this. Check out our Help Center article for a description of the proper wire gauge to use.

Here is also a link to our Chime Compatibility lists for each Video Doorbell model. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Not sure if this issue ever had a response that provided a solution. I have the same issue of the delayed “dong”. Basicall the Ring chime signal send and holds a voltage “ding” at the actual chime for too long - 3-5 secods - and then releases the chime voltage “dong”. Pretty annoying. The voltage pulse is way too long. Could the chime power dapter device type make a difference here?

Hi @BSmith1518. What model Ring Doorbell do you have? Do you have a mechanical or digital chime kit? How is this reflected in your Ring app? This information will help us determine how to proceed here.

I had the same issue. If you go into the “device settings” and select in home chime setup - then select advanced settings then select mechanical. Chime. It will ask you if you want your chime to ring or not when the button is pushed. Select yes and then it should ask you push your ring button and select whether it rang properly or not. If it does the same thing select “it partially rang” and try again. I was able to get mine working through this process. It seems to have the ability to adjust the length of time the voltage is allowed to pass to your chime.

Hi @user65463, thanks for sharing information about this setting in the Ring app. It will be helpful for other neighbors with the Doorbell Pro or Doorbell Pro 2! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.