Indoor Cam Two Way Chat Distorted and Cuts off From Camera Speaker (UK)

I purchased an Indoor Cam from Amazon a couple of months ago (in the UK). Set it up a couple of days ago. All seems to work fine except for the Two Way Chat. It is very distorted from the Camera Speaker and words/sentences are cut short too. The speaker seems to work when the automated voice tells you it is in set up mode etc. I have tried resetting the device, moved it near to my router etc. I have a Ring Doorbell and the two way chat works fine on this. So my internet is fine. Any ideas. I feel I may have a faulty device.

Hi there, @kevkdg! Often times, audio concerns are related to mobile device, Ring app, or general connection variables. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on best wifi signal strength. This will help most with audio concerns, as will trying different mobile devices, if possible.

Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on either mobile device, and test to see if your mobile device wifi connection or cellular data works better with audio. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: