Indoor cam setup mode to change WIFI network

Can’t get my Indoor Cam to go into setup mode (blicking blue light) to change the WIFI its connected to. Now doesn’t seem to working at all.

Added it to my home nework out of the box and it worked as expected. Wanted to change the WIFI to a protable hotspot to use while traveling. But can’t get it to allow me to change the W/IFI to try it. Any Suggestions?

Hi @rpeeps. Have you tried resetting the device? This is a great place to start if it is not going into setup as intended. For this, make sure you unplug the Indoor cam and after a minute, plug it back in. Give it a minute or so to power up and once it’s booted up, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After that time has passed, it should reset itself, and a few minutes from there, you can try pressing the setup button again to get the blinking blue light. From here, go ahead and select Change Wifi Network from the Device Health page and you’ll be good to go!

Please note that, unless you are taking the camera with you, it should stay connected to your home network. The cameras are not designed to stay connected on a hotspot type of network, and especially if you are having the camera monitor your home, you will want to keep it connected to your home network. Hope this helps!

Thanks Chelsea_Ring. That worked. I was able to join it to my portable hotspot and it works fine and this is a plus. We are taking a trip in an RV and want to setup a camera to check on a pet that will stay in the RV for restaurant stops and places dogs are not allowed. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello, I tried following these instructions but still unable to get the blue flashing light. Can you help?

I have two devices not resetting or rebooting after holding the reset button down for 30 seconds. One new plug in stick up cam and one indoor cam. What is going on? Two defaulty cameras not a happy customer at this time, had them for less than 2 days.

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @rpeeps. Have you tried resetting the device? This is a great place to start if it is not going into setup as intended. For this, make sure you unplug the Indoor cam and after a minute, plug it back in. Give it a minute or so to power up and once it’s booted up, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After that time has passed, it should reset itself, and a few minutes from there, you can try pressing the setup button again to get the blinking blue light. From here, go ahead and select Change Wifi Network from the Device Health page and you’ll be good to go!

Please note that, unless you are taking the camera with you, it should stay connected to your home network. The cameras are not designed to stay connected on a hotspot type of network, and especially if you are having the camera monitor your home, you will want to keep it connected to your home network. Hope this helps!

Hey @mcole84. If your devices will not reset, please give our support team a call here. They can do some advanced troubleshooting with you and the devices to see if they can get them back up and running for you, and if not figure out the best next steps for you. :slight_smile: