Incorrect time showing on recordings

Having worked fine for several years, my ring doorbell is suddenly now showing the wrong time. Does anybody know how to change it?

This is odd to hear of, but could be due to time change. Please ensure your mobile device and Ring app is update to the latest version. I recommend also disabling any VPN if one is enabled. Check also your location and time settings of your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s infuriating - the time stamps are 6 hours behind time. I’ve tried everything I can think of and it’s really driving me nuts!

1 Like

That is quite the difference in time. If the above suggestions did not improve this for you, our support team can take a closer look. :slight_smile:

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Very bad situtation mine is doing the same. If there is a need to call the police these videos are NOT ADMISABLE in court due to the time being wrong. So much for Ring thinking of our safety.

1 Like

Yes it has been like this for several weeks. Maybe we need a class action law suite. This is not just a time stamp. If we have the need for law enforcement, this video footage is not considered accurate. In fact with the time being off it isn’t even admisable in court.

1 Like

Brand new setup, having the same issues. I called Ring they said they have no ability to change or update the time settings within the app. They said its supposed to pull time from your cell phone time zone from your location settings. I asked them to notify the developers of the need to change, they said they would. Standby i guess.

The app is showing UTC time, i need it to show Pacific Time. No way to change according to Ring

1 Like

My Ring 3 plus is showing GMT time, which is 4 hours ahead of me. How do I get this updated??? Why wont it just let me change it?

Hi neighbors. If your time zone is incorrect, try reverifying your location, which will reset your time zone. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Ring app
  • Tap the 3 blue lines on the top left.
  • Tap Settings
  • Select Address
  • Tap the Edit Address button.
  • Start typing the address but select it from the drop down, in order for the address to be verified.
  • Tap Use This Address
  • Give the location a name and tap Save Location.

You also want to make sure you phone and Ring app are caught up with the latest updates available. If you have an active VPN, you will want to disable it as that can cause multiple things in the Ring app to not work correctly. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

4 Likes

It wants me to end my professional monitoring before i can attempt to “edit” my address like you suggested.

Hi @QueenPersephone25. Correct. If you are enrolled in Professional Monitoring, you’ll have to convert to Self-Monitoring, change your address, then activate Professional Monitoring for your new address. This Help Center article here has more information on this.

Thank you it worked . I tried every other way except your method

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.