Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
Inconsistent RSSI
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
New ring doorbell installed at the weekend, router is fairly close and wifi is good. When first connected and set up was getting RSSI of -40. Now fluctuates between roughly -60 -65 and occasionally reaches above -70 and video’s stop playing. Any advice?

12-10-2021 07:29:59

Responses (2)

D
Same thing happens with my Pro 2 model. When I first installed it, it was at -63 , now it's typically between -66 and -71. Thankfully there hasn't been a performance hit regardless of the strength. Don't know what's causing the inconsistent numbers other than possibly additional devices on the 5GHz band. Right now for example it's sitting at -71 and yesterday even hit -72 briefly.

13-10-2021 12:16:42

M
Hi there, neighbors! It is normal for wifi to fluctuate as the signal travels over the air, however, significant changes in wifi signal strength are usually caused by major interferences or distances. As you both know, you can check out your [RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), to ensure for optimal wifi signal. I recommend also using the 2.4 Ghz connection as it works best over distance and through exterior walls. Please ensure there are no large appliances blocking signal between the router and Video Doorbell. I hope this helps! :)

13-10-2021 04:49:28

D
My wifi went out and the Pro 2 wasn't seeing my repeater which is 6 feet from the door and only saw my basement router. Signal jumped to -91 which wasn't acceptable so I took the opportunity to set it back up going to the 2.4GHz band and yes, much better signal and performance is the same

24-10-2021 11:02:22

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User