Inconsistence Extended warranties for all devices

I’m with Ring’s Protect Plus plan since January 2019 and covered my ring doorbell, two cameras and alarm system with extended warranty.
Two of my cameras have issues and got replaced in 2019 & 2021 respectively. Last week my Ring doorbell has problem to connect to internet. System support told me that because of my doorbell battery is old and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately, my ring doorbell is out of warranty.
I asked why the two cameras got replaced but not the doorbell as I purchased three devices together and registered at the same time. His explanation was the record shows in the system the warranty was expired, he cannot give me a replacement. Finally I have ordered a new one online today.
Now, I’m still don’t understand why some device got replaced but the other didn’t. Could be I called in at the wrong time and talked to different person?

Hi @Toalbe1997. When you purchase a Ring device, it has a standard 1 year warranty. This warranty can be extended via the Ring Protect Plus plan, as long as the subscription is purchased before that 1 year warranty is up. If you purchased the Ring Doorbell first and had that for over1 year before purchasing the Ring Protect Plus plan, this would be why it’s not covered under the extended warranty.

I hope that explanation helps answer any questions you had! You can also always follow up with our support team if you’d like them to review the warranty on your devices as well, since they can review your account. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring , I just got a similar call with a phone agent regarding my peephole doorbell. I just got told it was outside warranty and the response I got was that the extended warrant only gave me an extra year after that first year.
Could you clarify, please.

Thank you!

Regards,
Daniel