Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U5
In-home mechanical chime is ringing even though it’s disabled in settings for Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
hardwired-video-doorbell
device-settings
troubleshooting
cs-support
This issue started happening last week after an app update. Something is broken in the app because the “ring in-home chime” setting is disabled yet the mechanical chime instill rings when someone presses the doorbell. The whole reason of buying this model was so that I can disable the mechanical chime (which worked great until last week). Now my baby wakes up because of the mechanical chime setting is broken

23-07-2023 03:06:20

Responses (11)

C
Hi @user-52061. If you haven't done so already, try toggling the In-Home Chime setting on and back off to see if that corrects this issue. One more troubleshooting step you can try as well is a quick reboot. The [reboot option](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/7438395032980-Rebooting-your-Video-Doorbell-or-Security-Camera) can be found on the Device Health page in the Ring app. Should neither of these steps work, I'd recommend following up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) to investigate this further.

25-07-2023 09:07:53

U5
Hi @Caitlyn_Ring , thanks for responding! Before I even posted the above, I tried both options you mentioned multiple times already and it did not fix the issue.

25-07-2023 10:51:06

U
This issue started happening last week after an app update. Something is broken in the app because the “ring in-home chime” setting is disabled yet the mechanical chime instill rings when someone presses the doorbell. I already tried the quick reboot and toggle on/off the setting. the issue remains. Could the support team have a look? Thank you

26-07-2023 08:41:56

U
I have a Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2. I have the in-home chime (mechanical doorbell) disabled intentionally, and that has worked flawlessly for years (even upgraded from Pro 1 to Pro 2 and have never had a problem). Recently, with no changes being made on my part, the in-home chime has started ringing again. I checked the settings, and the in-home chime is still disabled in the settings. What could be causing this, and how do I fix it? Are there any workarounds?

27-07-2023 03:53:35

C
Hey neighbors. If the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread do not work, the next best step is to follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) for more in-depth assistance. We do not have access to device details on the Community, so our support team is better equipped to take a deeper look.

27-07-2023 09:47:11

U
After trying the above steps and calling support, we solved it by doing the following: 1) remove cover of doorbell and perform hard reset 2) change indoor chime setting from mechanical to “none” 3) removing the jumper cable in the mechanical chime box 4) reinstalling said jumper cable. No idea why #3 and #4 were needed but after attempting ringing the doorbell after each step above, it only stopped ringing after #4. Good luck!

31-07-2023 06:45:34

B
Same issue, but this didn't seem to resolve for me

11-08-2023 01:12:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User