In-home chime rings in "Automatic Chime Detection" step, but cannot find chime type

Hello,

I’ve got a Ring Doorbell (2020 release) and just installed it with existing doorbell wiring.

When I choose “Automatic Chime Detection” in the app, my in-home chime does ring while App shows “Checking your doorbell system…” message, and it says “Your Ring Doorbell can ring your in-home doorbell chime”.

However, after I choose “Ring my In-home Chime” option, in-home chime doesn’t ring when I push the ring button (tried 3 times) and says “We’re having trouble connecting to you internal doorbell”. Manual chime type selection didn’t work either.

Hi @arcadiac. I would check to make sure that your chime kit is on the list of compatible chime kits. If it is on the list, but it still will not ring inside, you can contact our support team to work through this with you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.