Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
I think the wording in the Ring app is wrong
app-settings
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
In the app go to Devices -> Base Station -> Base Station -> Linked Devices -> Alarm Sounding Here you see a list of other devices. At the top of the screen it says "*When alarm base station is sounding*, your other devices will..." So if you tap on the light bulb icon for any camera, my understanding is that this will turn the light for that camera on when the alarm goes off. However, when you tap on the light bulb, the next screen asks "When can these lights be activated by ***motion***?" Shouldn't this say when can these lights be activated by the *alarm siren*? I set the light schedule for motion detection in the camera's own settings and I don't want this to override the light schedule. Is this just a mistake in the wording of the app? If I set a time here, will this only apply when the alarm is tripped and NOT apply to motion detection? This is in the latest version of the Android app.

08-09-2023 04:02:14

Responses (1)

J
Hi @uscpsycho. In that setting for linking your Camera's lights with your Alarm for when it is triggered, when you set a time, it will only apply to when the Alarm is tripped. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will reach out to my team to have the verbiage looked into.

08-09-2023 09:37:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User