I think I got a defective sensor

Think I got received defective contact sensor.

I installed it and have to change the battery every 2 to 3 weeks. we don’t even open that window much. I’ve must have changed the batteries 4 or 5 times already and the other sensors even ones we open more often are still green.

Hi @user6344. The battery shouldn’t need to be changed that often on your Contact Sensor with normal traffic. I’d suggest doing a quick factory reset on your Contact Sensor and then setting it back up in your Ring App after the reset is complete. You can find steps on how to factory reset your Ring Alarm devices in our Help Center Article here. Let me know if that helps with the battery at all. :slight_smile:

thanks I tried your suggestion. I changed the batteries and I did a factory default on the sensor. I re added to my app. I ran for a little more than 2 weeks. I can see the battery is depleted more than half already.
if I look at the history it will report low battery and then later will report battery ok. I saw several days with this pattern.

1 Like

Thanks for trying those steps! As long as this Contact Sensor is not too far from the Base Station and is mounted in an indoor temperature controlled area (unless it is an Outdoor Contact Sensor), the battery should not be draining this quickly.

Our support team can certainly take a closer look at this sensor for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: