Despite the fairly detailed instructions, I have been unable to delete my old Ring Pro 2 video doorbell from my account. Help would be appreciated.
I returned Ring Doorbell Pro2 to Home Depot. Someone probably purchased it and is trying to set up an account which has been blocked. I cannot figure out how to delete this Ring doorbell from my account
Hi @user7528. To release ownership of this Ring Doorbell Pro 2, follow the steps below:
- Open the Ring app
- Tap the three lines on the top left
- Tap Devices
- Select the device you want to release from your ownership
- Tap Device Settings
- Tap General Settings
- Select Remove this Device
- The device will immediately be available to a new owner.
- Complete this process individually for all devices that you want to release.
- Complete this process even if the device is still installed on a home, such as a doorbell you’re leaving behind after a home sale.
If you’re not able to get your Doorbell Pro removed from your Ring account so the new owners can set it up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps!