I recently tried to “reinstall”‘my ring - but says I don’t own it

recently tried to “reinstall”‘my ring - but says I don’t own it. How do I get around this problem - where it wants me to establish ownership or transfer it to another but I cannot. I even see the device in dashboard. What Do I do?

Hey neighbor! As long as you are signed in to the original owner account and using the same location for this Ring device setup, it should recognize your account and Ring app as owner. If not, upon attempting a setup the Ring app will email the owner email address used to setup this Ring device originally, so request verification. Check your inbox for this message, including and junk or spam folders. Feel free to check out the Change of Ownership help center article for tips on setting up this device.

If this concern persists, despite trying the above steps, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: