I lost the diode ... how to replace it?

I was opening the package that contained the diode. The package ripped open and the diode went flying. I’ve spent 2 hours looking for it but can’t find it.

What is the rating of the diode so I can order a replacement via Mouser or Amazon?

Sorry to hear about the diode! We recommend any “1N400” series diode. These are both common and inexpensive to obtain. If you prefer a replacement diode from us, you are more than welcome to give our support team a call and they can send you one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll give them a call.

I can’t believe that happened. I was so excited to install my Ring that I ripped the bag open and the diode flew somewhere. I spent an hour on the floor looking for it but to no avail.

I tried to install the diode but the doorbell kept ringing.

I swapped the diode (reversed it) and no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

It should definitely not be constantly ringing the chime. Great job flipping the diode as your first step! With it still persisting, please take a look at our chime kit compatibility guide to ensure yours is fully compatible. Please let me know what you find, I’ll be happy to further assist.

I am having issues with constant ringing also. Just installed new ring 2 I have reversed diode many times and my digital ringer goes off when hooked up to the unit with or without diode. reinstalled old button and chime only happens once. I checked the diode and I think its bad as I only get a reading in one direction. Any help here?

Hi @Gene10. Were you able to verify that your chime kit is compatible via the chime kit compatibility list that Marley linked? If it is, then it would be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can help determine why it is constantly ringing. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.