I Hope I'm Wrong

What happens if you lose internet connection to your Ring Alarm system for more than a day?

I’ve just got off the phone to someone in Ring Technical Support and they say that the system will NOT give off an audible alarm (either basestation or outdoor siren) if it loses connection for longer than 24 hours.

Surely if this is true it’s a major design flaw!?! Before anyone jumps in to mention the internal cellular modem built into the basestation, I’m aware of this, but you should not have to purchase the paid subscription service for your system to function without an internet connection.

The TS was unable to direct me anywhere on the website to confirm this so I’m hoping they have this wrong.

Can anyone with a working system verify this.

Many thanks,
Dave

Hi @user22798. You will receive a notification or email from the Ring app if your Alarm goes into cellular backup or if it falls offline. You can verify you have these alerts toggled on by following these steps :

• Launch the Ring app.
  • Select the menu button (three lines, top left).
  • Tap Settings
  • Select Alert Settings.
  • Tap Alarm
  • Verify you have the email and push toggle on

The Base Station does not make an audible alert when it is going into cellular backup or if it falls offline. We do have this Help Center article here that explains what happens when your Base Station falls offline. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.