I got a 30-day Ring Protect Plus Trial, what happens when it expires?

Hello neighbors!

We had our Ring Video Doorbell replaced recently, but it also came with a 30-day Protect Plus trial, we have Protect Basic before we got the trial. What happens when the 30-day trial expires, would it go back to Protect Basic or it would continue with Protect Plus? I wouldn’t want to pay extra so I want it to go back to the Basic plan.

Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi there, @RingPH! Once the Trial Plan has ended, if you do not subscribe to a plan, subscription will end. At the end of the Trial period, if a subscription is not active, your videos will also be deleted as they are tied to subscription only. We recommend saving any important videos during the trial period if you do not plan on subscribing after the free trial period. When subscribing to a Protect Plan, you will want to choose the plan you desire as there is not one automatically chosen for you. Check out our help center article about Protect Plans for tips on subscribing. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for replying. However, I was on the Protect Basic plan before I got the Protect Plus trial, would it go back to Protect Basic plan once it’s over?

Hi @RingPH, happy to chime in. Yes, that is correct. It will go back to the plan that you were subscribed to originally. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, Caitlyn!

1 Like