I cannot use my camera and support told me to wait. Is this normal?

Hello,

I have used my Stick Up Cam wired 3rd gen for some time now.

Suddenly, the app told me my camera was unplugged, but it worked. I was able to see the history and run the Live View function.

I called support. We ran multiple tests. In the end, they asked me if I had a battery. I removed the battery from another device and put it in my camera. After that, I was told to change the mode from Wired to Battery and, after that, switch it back. I switched the mode to Battery mode, but I cannot switch it back. When I tried to switch it back, it said that my camera was not connected, so I could not switch it back. My battery is from another device, so I cannot leave it in this camera. Because of all of this, my camera does not work. Nothing works now, including the Live View function.

At this time, support told me that they could not replace my camera because I had to wait for an email from support when they fixed something, but they could not tell me how long it could take. I cannot use my camera. This is really frustrating.

I’m wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this. I do not think this is normal.

Hi @onlize. Try to factory reset your Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds, and then reconnect it to your wifi. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, I recommend following up with our support team to further investigate your Camera.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it with support during our phone call.

I hope they fixed this wired mode problem soon. I can’t switch back from battery to wired and because of that the motion zones are cropped. I’m no longer getting alerts outside of those cropped zone areas now. Very annoying.

Can you call support and complain about this? Hopefully, if more people voice their concerns, it will expedite the process.

I did that earlier today actually. I feel thought that their phone support has gone downhill lately though. I used to be impressed with their support, now I feel like know more than some of the reps.

I agree with this. Previously it was quick and helpful.

I am without a camera since the last week.

Hey neighbors. At this time, the best course of action would be to contact our support team so they can investigate this issue. You can contact by phone, as Justin has mentioned, or private message on Facebook @Ring. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this.

Thank you for your suggestion. I made two calls to customer support regarding my camera. I called last week and the week before that. Before my first call, my camera was working. The support engineer advised me to switch to battery mode, so I borrowed a battery from another device to do so. However, when I was told to switch back to wired mode, my camera would not cooperate.

Unfortunately, I had to return the borrowed battery, and now my camera does not work since I do not have a battery, and I cannot switch it to wired mode. As a result, I’m currently without a functioning camera.

1 Like

Last night a support rep called me to follow up on a couple of issues including this one. The rep made it sound like they are still investigating and have no resolution at this point. It’s taking a long time for them to figure out what they broke.

It still does not work, so I hope they are trying to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.