Humans reincarnated as Cats triggering notifications in People only mode

Both my awesome video doorbell and my 4 floodlight cams are in people only mode for the motion detection notifications. Nonetheless i get plenty of notifications and videos of the neighbourhood cat population. Very efficiently a complete drowning out of relevant events. While the cats may have each their great personality, i suspect none of them are neither humans nor reincarnated humans and i really would expect a modern day AI algorithm to be able to distinguish between humans and cats - but maybe i am just to ambitious on Amazon Rings behalf?

Any (serious) suggestions how to proceed would be most appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Eagerly awaiting the Ring.com singularity moment :wink:
Christian

1 Like

Hi @2smart. You’re probably right that the cats aren’t reincarnated humans, so I can understand not wanting to be notified when they’re crossing the Motion Zones on your Ring devices. With motion detection concerns, it often just takes some trial and error with adjusting your motion settings such as the Motion Frequency and the Motion Zones. Adjusting the settings a bit should help reduce the number of notifications you receive for the local cats, although they may still trigger a motion alert if they are frequently crossing the Motion Zones often.

If this concern still persists after adjusting the settings and testing them out, I’d recommend touching base with our support team so they can take a closer look with you. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :smiley_cat: