Huge Background Data Usage

Hi, I’ve seen another post similar to this. I wonder if there was an answer for it as I failed to find one. My Ring app background mobile data usage was extraordinary at 165GB for the month of July. I have 2 cameras with motion notifications and a doorbell set to interaction events only. My Ring alarm is only set to activate over night, however I have no idea why my mobile data usage is so high. I don’t view the app that often that streaming would have caused this nor am I on a VPN for this app.

Any ideas?

Hi @Jmoss. I suggest contacting our support team so this can be escalated to the team that works with the Ring app.They’ll be able to take a closer look and see what is causing the excessive data consumption.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.