How to turn off sound during playback of History videos on the app

When using the app to view Event History, I want to watch the video without playing the recorded sound from the video (which everyone within ten feet of me can hear!). How can I turn off the sound? There is a mute feature on the web browser, but I don’t see it on the app.

Hi @VideoVick. When watching a video in the Ring app from the Event History, you’ll need to turn the volume down on your phone. The volume on your phone will control the volume that the video is playing at. I hope this information helps answer your question! :slight_smile:

This confirms that a mute feature is not available on the app like it is on the web browser interface. Yes, turning the phone volume down will work for any sound coming from the phone, but it’s a clunky workaround and will require me to turn it back up after viewing the videos so I don’t miss my phone calls! Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Seriously! Please add an option to mute playbacks before you start them in the app. Struggling with your phones volume button is is ugly and don’t make sense.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

This is so dumb. I’m using the Blink camera currently but wanted something less conspicuous for my front door, that app has a feature to mute sound on playback. I’m finding there are some real stupid UX issues with these devices.

1 Like