Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
How to switch on/off by schedule?
hardwired-security-cameras
modes
troubleshooting

Ive just installed some interior cameras around the house to capture footage in the event of an intruder.

I dont want the cameras recording everyday life, i just need them recording at night time and when we’re away.

Ring obviously has the ‘away’ mode which solves the latter problem, but i cant find anything to solve the former; recording at night.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? Seems like a basic feature.

07-01-2024 09:17:49

Responses (1)

C

Hi @Davewils82. You can customize your Modes settings to control which Mode your Ring Cameras detect and record motion in. For example, you can set your cameras to not detect or record motion in the Disarmed Mode, and use that when you are at home during the day. Then you can swap to Home or Away Mode at night. Hope this helps!

09-01-2024 05:30:02

U

Yes, but can you setup a schedule for the modes? I have to manually select it every night and morning. It is a pain.

11-01-2024 04:00:16

C

Hi @user74049. Mode Scheduling is available if you have a Ring Alarm Security system. If you only have Ring doorbells and cameras, the Mode Scheduling feature is not available. Other neighbors have requested for this feature to be available on doorbells and cameras, and you’re welcome to add your feedback to this request.

12-01-2024 10:07:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User