How to shut off Base station?

We are doing a remodel and I want to remove the base station for a few days but I do not see how to disable it and all devices connected to it. Just unplugging it sends it to cellular. How do you shut it and all devices off?

Hi @Boerdoc. There is no way to “Turn off” the Base Station. A few options are to just leave the Alarm in the Disarmed mode and switch to Self Monitoring. You can also unplug the Base Station and it will default into Backup Battery mode. Once the battery dies (about 24 hours), the Base Station will not function until it has been plugged back in and the battery has had time to recharge (6-8 hours). I hope this information helps!

This is terrible. I’ll be carrying the base station with me in bag on a flight to another home. So it’ll be live all the time! What prompted such a design where you can’t shut down the device?

This is the first device that I have encountered which cannot be shut down. It seems it’ll shut down only when it is forced to so when battery is out of juice. Terrible #@#$

Hi @user54039. The Ring Alarm is designed to have a backup battery that lasts up to 24 hours. If you want to travel with the Ring Alarm completely off, you’ll need to have it unplugged for more than 24 hours or remove the backup battery.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.