How to replace a cracked Ring Doorbell Pro button!

Seems cracked buttons are a common problem on the Doorbell Pro - decided to order a replacement button from eBay and replace it myself.
Here’s a guide if you wish to do the same…
Tip : watch in HD quality as there are some small parts!!!

Hi neighbors! We strongly advise you to not dismantle your device in any way, as it may void your warranty. You can learn more about your device’s warranty here. Should you have any concerns with your device’s performance and you’re not able to find a solution here on the Community, please reach out to our support team before attempting to take your device apart.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thank you - although the issue is for units that are now outside of warranty, and Ring’s only advice is to replace the entire unit!
The broken button issue is common - scour the forums and you will see hundreds of people with the exact same issue - the plastic used for the button is weak. Uers can follow Ring’s advise and replace the entire doorbell at huge cost, when the actual fix is a fraction of the cost…

My advice would be to contact Ring support first and foremost to see if they can do anything for you. If they cant and their only advise is to replace the doorbell, then fix the button yourself!

I tried to replace the button myself today but accidentally broken the flat cable connecting the button with the main unit. Do you know where can I get a replacement for the whole button including the wire? I too find it ridiculous that such an expensive unit as Ring Pro button would break so fast making the product unusable.

It isn’t the end of the world if this breaks. It just means the IR sensor won’t work at night, and if you purchased a black button from Ebay then it won’t work anyway as none of them let the IR sensor pass through the plastic. The only one on the internet that actually lets this work is the red button sold on ebay and Etsy.

good luck!

They also seem to have this one Amazon.com