Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
E
How to open Spotlight Cam Battery Plus battery compartment with solar panel plugged in, no button to push?
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras

Normally, instructions are to push the white button at the back of the camera to open the battery comparment, then pull the door down to then pull out the batteries. But I have the small solar panel plugged in where the button was, so there’s no button to push anymore. How do I get to the batteries, which are nearly empty despite the solar panel?

(winter in Pacific Northwest might be why at least one of the 2 batteries needs to be recharged)

30-12-2023 11:08:55

Responses (3)

C

Hi @Earther. Cold weather can negatively impact the performance of lithium-ion batteries, such as those used in the Spotlight Cam. In addition, the cloudy weather of the Pacific Northwest can make it harder for the Solar Panel to trickle charge the batteries.

Regardless, you should still be able to open the battery hatch by removing the security screw and twisting the bottom cover off. Do you still have the security screw installed?

02-01-2024 10:31:57

E

I have the Ring Spotlight Cam Plus and after 1 month, I now need to charge the batteries. I don’t have the solar panel. It is nearly impossible to unscrew the security screw and twist off the cover. I bought the hard wired adapter and I’m going to connect to my electric outlet, so I don’t have the problem. But still, how do you get that screw out to access the battery? Shouldn’t be this hard!

12-03-2024 05:25:18

J

Hi @Eclarke53. If you are not able to remove the security screw to twist off the battery compartment cover, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

13-03-2024 09:16:28

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User