How to move a stripped power screw

Hi, I have Doorbell 3 and when trying to move one of the “power” screws to hardwire it… it was impossible and now it is stripped.
No way to put the wire in between it and the back cover.
Any idea??

Hi @RaulRubio. I’m sorry to hear you’ve got a stripped screw on there! Have you tried reaching out to our support team? That’s typically what I’d recommend for this so they can guide you through any troubleshooting steps they may have to remove the stripped screw safely. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what solution they find. :slight_smile:

@RaulRubio The power screws are fairly small and don’t tighten down that much. Get an old screw driver and some really strong super glue. Glue the end if the screw driver to the screw and you should be able to back it out. The get yourself a replacement screw from the hardware store if the same size.

1 Like