How to make Ring alerts vibrate iPhone?

My new Ring 2 will use any of the audio alerts but it doesn’t vibrate my iPhone like, say, text messages or incoming phone calls do. How do I make Ring vibrate my iPhone?

1 Like

I have the same problem/question. Can somebody from Ring team answer or put in a requirement for iOS development team to enable this functionality in the next version of the app?

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you are not getting the vibration for notifications on your phone, you may want to double check some of your phone settings. For example, go into Settings > Notifications > Ring and make sure everything is enabled. Additionally, please ensure that your phone is not on Dot Not Disturb and that under Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Vibrate on Ring/Silent is turned on. If this concern persists, try removing the app, rebooting your phone (turning it off/on) and then reinstalling the app. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Chelsea,

Thank you for your reply but it is not addressing issue/question reported. Before I reported it I have already spent quite a bit of time looking for a way to set up “vibrate only” mode for Ring notifications in notification part of iOS settings and Ring app itself. I am using iOS 13.3 and Ring version 5.20.0 (both latest) so it would be really appreciated if you can try to do it yourself and if you succeed share how to do it.

2 Likes

Hey there, @Nevengal! I just turned on my motion alerts for my camera, tested an event with silent mode on, and got a vibration on my phone for the event. I’m currently on iOS 13.1.3 and app version 5.20.0. If all the steps I’ve given for you still aren’t allowing you to get a vibration, it may be best to reach out to your phone carrier to see if it could be an issue with the phone. Let us know how this goes!

1 Like

I don’t know why but all of a sudden I began to get vibrations with my Ring notifications. I didn’t change anything on my end. The vibration is extremely short. I suppose it’s possible they were there all along and I just didn’t notice them even though I was specifically testing for them. In any case, I do wish Ring would lengthen the duration of the vibration which I assume are part of their alert sounds.

3 Likes

I agree that the thing we need is a much longer vibrate.

One little vibrate on the phone is too easy to miss.

On the Messages app on iPhone there are different choices of vibration in the notifications section. Can Ring builld this into the app?

I’m sure 1000s of door rings per day are missed because the vibrate is too short.

6 Likes

That didn’t answer the question. The user, and I’m sure every user would like more options for Ring notifications other than that stupid “ring” it has. Please let Ring know to allow user modifications for options for notifications. Simple enough I would think.

2 Likes

I have just transferred from Android to iPhone and of all the things I don’t like or have a problem with it’s this ! The vibrations for the ring app are basically non existent… on my Samsung they were really prominent. Can we please add an option to increase the intensity or vibration style please as I am going to miss the door now I’m sure!

Same issue here with iPhone. We need to be able to customize the vibration pattern for Ring alerts just as we can with inbound texts and calls.

1 Like